Judo players are expected to abide by the “Spirit of Judo”.
Sport England has also published a suggested “Code of Conduct” for parents and other supporters, with the aim of keeping sport safe and pleasant for everyone.
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results
- Never force your child to take part in Judo
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their Judo
- Use correct and proper language at all times
To the above we add that other children are kept under supervision, so that noises and distractions off the mat are kept to a minimum.
Please be aware that the whole school site (buildings and play grounds etc.) is a no smoking area.